Urban Initiative has five areas of focus:
1. Education – Education and work skills are key to family stability and community growth. This includes mentoring, tutoring, and Christian education.
2. Economic Development – A church can offer services such as job training, employment counseling and assistance, and entrepreneurship programs.
3. Crime Prevention – Develop alternative programs to proactively keep young people out of a life of crime, and to create collaborative relationships with law enforcement.
4. Family – Create programs to strengthen the family, with a special emphasis on the role of fathers.
5. Financial Literacy – Include programs for both young people and adults which highlight the importance of saving, owning real estate, and wealth-building.
For more information contact Sister Deborah Nichols at firstname.lastname@example.org